Did you know that it takes approximately 2,000 Arabica coffee cherries to make a roasted pound of coffee? With 2 beans per cherry - this means about 4,000 beans are in a single pound of coffee!
Read on for famous coffee quotes, health facts, coffee recipes, favorite household hints and, coffee trivia!
• According to the USDA nutrient database - an 8 ounce cup of coffee has just two Calories. The calories come from a tiny amount of protein and some monounsaturated oils. J. Foster Diet Blog
• Coffee is not a drug, it's a vitamin!
• A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent.
• Chocolate, men, and coffee - some things are better rich!
• Conscience keeps more people awake than coffee.
• As soon as you sit down to a cup of hot coffee, your boss will ask you to do something that will last until the coffee is cold!
• Nancy Astor (to Winston Churchill)
"If I were your wife, I would put poison in your coffee."
Winston Churchill (in reply)
"And if I were your husband, I would drink it."
• Sir James Mackintosh
- "The powers of a man's mind are directly proportioned to the quantity of coffee he drinks."
• The French philosopher, Voltaire
, reportedly drank fifty cups of coffee a day.